Tuesday 24 January 2012

Day 28 - Chicken and Waffles

Okay, so today I didn't have a sandwich. But everyone's allowed a day off right? Anyway, I thought I'd still review this as it was a fantastic meal. For brunch, on the day of my fiancée's birthday, we went to a southern style brunch restaurant. The speciality of this place is chicken and waffles. Now, I've never had chicken and waffles before, but I like fried chicken, I like waffles, and I like sweet and savoury, so I had a feeling I'd like this. I didn't, however, expect I'd like it so much. The chicken was the best fried chicken I'd ever eaten; crispy on the outside, the meat perfectly cooked and very flavoursome, even without the skin. The waffles were light and slightly sweet and a mouthful of the two items, plus some Canadian maple syrup, was heavenly. Simply amazing.



Description: Fried chicken and waffles with maple syrup
Location: Table 52
Accompaniments: Bloody Mary and Bacon doughnuts
Companion: Fiancée
Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment