Thursday 5 January 2012

Day 17 - The Pepe from Jimmy John's

Jimmy John's is a chain of sandwich shops that a quite well known for quality sandwiches that use "fresh" ingredients. What "fresh" ingredients means I have no idea. You could say anything that isn't rotten is "fresh" therefore, logically, anywhere that serves food uses "fresh" ingredients. Anyway I was looking forward to lunch here as I'd heard so many positive things about Jimmy John's sandwiches. I was, however, disappointed. It's not that the sandwich was bad, far from it, there was just nothing special about it. I had real applewood smoked ham (oh good, I'm glad the ham was real and not imaginary), with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. All of the ingredients were pleasant, but they weren't tasty. The homemade bread was relatively uninspiring and the ham was not smoky at all. The cheese was creamy but the salad was lacking in flavour. The whole thing needed seasoning, or a sauce that wasn't mayonnaise. I left feeling a little unimpressed.




Description: Real (!) applewood smoked ham with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise
Location: Jimmy John's, Chicago
Accompaniments: Crisps and Cherry Coke
Companion: None
Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment