Tuesday 24 January 2012

Day 24 - NY Pastrami Burger

DMK Burger is considered one of the best burger restaurants in Chicago. And, although it wasn't as life changing as Butcher and the Burger, it was a damn fine burger. I had the number 3 on the menu, which consisted of a burger topped with New York pastrami, Gruyère, sauerkraut and remoulade. I thought it would be an unmanageable mess of meat and toppings which I would struggle to fit in my mouth. But it proved to be the alternative; the ingredients had clearly been thought out well. The toppings were the best thing about this: the small amount of pastrami which added a salty element, the sauerkraut was refreshingly vinegary and the cheese was rich, almost buttery. The meat itself was tasty but, in my opinion, a little overcooked and (rather surprisingly for America) unsubstantial for a great burger. As a side note this was the first time I'd ever had fried pickles, which were spectacular.



Description: Burger with pastrami, Gruyère, sauerkraut and remoulade
Location: DMK Burger, Chicago
Accompaniments: Beer, fried pickles and okra
Companion: Fiancée's cousin's husband
Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment